October 4, 2010

Alzheimers Memory Walk 2010


I get a little teary eyed as I write this blog post because I am truly sooooo incredibly grateful for the girls that came out bright and early on a Sunday morning to do this walk with me.  A group of 2011 Miss & Teen Contestants along with my sister, Katie and myself headed out to Worcester for the Alzherimers Memory Walk.  We did the walk in honor of my beautiful Nonnie who was one of my best friends and the best grandma a girl could ask for.  It was such a wonderful day getting to know some of the girls and walking for a great cause!


  People ask me all the time if the stories about pageant girls are true; are they really mean, competitive, snobby?  I always try to tell them that I have met some of the kindest most amazing girls during my years with the Miss USA system and the girls that came out to walk with me are a true example of how wonderful these girls are.  Thanks everyone who joined me it really meant a lot! xo