June 6, 2010

Life's A Journey




   It's been almost 3 weeks since Miss USA and in some ways it seemed like just yesterday I was standing on that stage.  It was one of the biggest events of my entire life and something I have dreamed about since I was a little girl.  No matter how many days go by the memories and emotions of those two weeks spent at Miss USA will never be lost from my mind or heart.
   As I've had some time back in Boston and am getting back into the swing of things at home and my job as Miss Mass I've had a little bit of time to reflect on everything that has happened and all that I've learned throughout this amazing year.  I truly realized through all of this that yes, it is important to set your goals high, but it is even more important to appreciate and take in everyday of the journey towards that dream.  I have no regrets at all :)  If I hadn't set my goal at winning Miss USA and done everything in my power to train and be ready then I wouldn't have been representing Massachusetts to the best of my ability or the amazing girls I had competed against for the title.  But I have realized that it is so important to enjoy each and everyday along the way.  Luckily I can say I have and I will continue to do so as I have 6 wonderful months ahead of me as Miss Massachusetts!  I may not have left Miss USA with the crown but I left with a dream job as Miss Massachusetts, lifelong friends, the best directors a girl could ever ask for, the most loving family by my side and amazing friends and a wonderful jam packed schedule waiting for me at home.  I am truly a lucky girl and this journey wouldn't have been the same without all of you!
   To all of my pageant friends, as you get ready to compete for your state titles this Fall, please remember to take in every single day and enjoy it!  I promise you no matter what the end result when the big day to face your dream comes you will take away so much!  Remember how lucky you are to have a dream to look forward to and something that keeps you inspired everyday and be grateful for the people that make it possible for you!   Love you all! xoxoxo