July 10, 2010

VolleyPalooza





  
 Volleyball is one of my absolutely favorite hobbies!  I played all throughout high school and played in the Junior Olympics three times in Salt Lake City, Louisville and New Orleans!  Playing sports growing up taught me so much about teamwork, dedication, staying healthy and beyond that allowed me to travel the country competing and make tons of amazing friends.  It was after my volleyball career was over that I got into pageants because I just really missed having something to work for, challenging myself and I just missed the competition.  I actually got the opportunity to play a little bit at Miss USA with Miss Oklahoma and Miss Texas, who are volleyball players as well.  They filmed a segment showcasing all our talents and the three of us got to show our volleyball skills :)

   Since I don't get that many opportunities to play anymore I was really excited to participate in Scene Magazine's Volleypalooza Beach tourney!!  We set up a Miss Mass team and had a blast!  I'm not gonna tell  you the final score, let's just say we lost pretty bad haha :)  But we had a great time and it was so good to play again.  It was such a fun day with my pageant family!