August 31, 2010

2011 Celtics Dance Auditions


   I had such a great time being a celebrity judge for the 2010-2011 Celtics Dance Team Auditions a few weeks ago.  The event was held at the House of Blues and was a fabulous event!  I had never been to the tryouts before so I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I was blown away!  All of the dancers were sooo incredibly talented and beautiful.  I was so impressed!  It was especially fun to be a judge because the competition was kind of like a pageant with an opening number, swimsuit competition and a solo routine, with the finalists being announced at the end of the evening.  

  I have a huge appreciation for dance and anything entertainment related and definitely felt I could relate to these girls because I know how it feels to be on stage, be judged and hope to hear your name at the end of the night.  But anyone who knows me well knows as much as I love to dance it isn't my strongest area :)  So in order to get a little help I brought along my dear friend Lindsey who is a former professional dancer with the Eagles.  We made a fun night of it and went to dinner before where Linds told me what I should be looking for from a dancer's perspective.  I tried to combine my knowledge of performing and pageants with what Lindsey taught me and be the best judge I could be.  But it was pretty hard because if I could have I would have put every girl on the team :)  I now know how hard it is to be judging and definitely realize what a big job the Miss Mass 2011 judges will have!  Linds and I had such a fun night and look forward to watching the new Celtics dancers strut their stuff this season!