August 31, 2010

Hi Everyone!  It's been a few weeks since I've last blogged, but I've been busy as ever and with only 3 months until a new Miss Mass is crowned I have been trying to soak up every moment.  It's truly been one of the most amazing years of my life and one of the reasons is because I've been able to share it with my teen and dear friend Brooke.
  A few weeks ago I traveled to the Bahamas to go cheer her on at Miss Teen USA and to reunite with some of my favorite girls from the Miss USA class of 2010.  I had never been to the Bahamas before so I was so excited to have a reason to go to the gorgeous Atlantis resort on Paradise Island.

  I met up and roomed with my friends Miss Pennsylvania, Miss Delaware and Miss Montana for the weekend.  We had a great time laying by the pool, catching up and supporting our beautiful teens at prelims and finals night.  I was so excited because Rima even got a little time off while we were there so we got to spend some time with her.   Being Massachusetts and Michigan, Rima and I were next to each other for almost all of the events at Miss USA because everything including competition, finals and even our interview is done in alphabetical order.  I feel so lucky to have gotten to know Rima throughout our 3 weeks at Miss USA and can 100% say she is one of the most down to earth, genuine and hard working girls I have ever met.  I am so happy she is our Miss USA and love that someone so sweet and real represents our Miss USA class of 2010.  I had the best weekend ever catching up with my Miss USA friends and couldn't have been more proud of Brooke!!