October 22, 2010

Boston Fashion Week 2010




So its 5am and another crazy but amazing day has already started for me!  Since Miss USA I have started working with an agency in NYC and I'm off to a final casting for a job I've been working hard to get for the past few weeks!  I'm off to a very quick trip to the big city and then am flying back right after the casting for the meet and greet tonight with all of the Miss Massachusetts USA 2011 contestants!  I figured I'd use this train ride to catch you up on what I've been up to the past few weeks as my year begins to come to an end.  So let's start the catch up with Boston Fashion Week 2010 :)

 I started off Fashion Week 2010 with one of the biggest shows of the year, the Emerging Trends event at the gorgeous Park Plaza.  Reaz Hoque and the Synergy team put on a first class event, worthy of NYC Fashion week status.  There were over 20 designers from all over the world, over 50 models and a fabulous team of hair and makeup artists backstage from Indra Salon in Andover and the Makeup Artists, lead be the amazing Andrea Ducharme.  I had the honor of hosting the show and it was a blast!  Hosting is truly what I love to do and what I went to school for so I love when I get the chance to do what I love!  Reaz and I are currently working hard on a great New Years Eve project in Boston, so stay tuned!

  Sunday night the festivities continued as I headed over to the gorgeous Bond at the Langham hotel for my friend's Monica and Natalie Pietrzac's fashion show at Bond.  The Siostra Productions Co-founders always know how to put on a great show and bring out Boston's best!  I was so excited because I got asked to do some reporting on the big event for NESN's Dirty Water TV.  I loved having the chance to interview some of my friends and report on such a stylish event!
  

The week continued as I did a modeling job for Neimans, a few Bridal show fittings and got ready for some other big events and jobs. I wrapped up the week doing a special Fashion Week wrap-up 30 minute segment for NESN at the gorgeous waterfront.  It was a crazy week but I loved every minute of it!  Thanks to Reaz and Julie Fairwether for including me in some great events!  Good job Boston!!