April 25, 2010

Face Africa Gala




It's been awhile since I've been able to update my blog ... but it's for great reason ... Miss USA is right around the corner!! I have been going non stop with workout, prep, appearances, training, packing and most recently a beautiful sendoff party with my amazing family and friends! After another long but great day (segment on FOX Morning show, casting at my agency and tons of Miss USA fittings) I'm taking the night to relax and update you on all of the amazing things I have been up to the past few weeks!
Recently I attended an amazing event at the beautiful Taj hotel here in Boston along with Brooke and Ashley. The event was a gala for Face Africa, an outstanding organization that works to raise money to help the living conditions for hundreds of families throughout Africa. This event specifically focused on the need for clean water thorughout the African communites and how important it is for us to do our part.
The head of Starbucks and founder of Ethos water gave a wonderful talk and I learned so much about the different communites we were working to help. It really puts things into perspective, how lucky we are to have clean sanitary water everyday, even take a shower and wash our hands whenever we want! It is so important that we stay aware of what is going on in our world, appreciative of the amazing things we have here in our country and do our part to help the less fortunate. It was a wonderful night for an amazing cause.