May 25, 2010

Miss USA - An Adventure of a Lifetime xo


Hi Everyone!
  It feels so good to be back to my blog and back to my wonderful life of being Miss Mass after a crazy but memorable 2 1/2 weeks in Las Vegas for Miss USA!  It was everything I had imagined and truly 2 of the most amazing weeks of my life.  I can't thank all of you enough for the love and support through this exciting time!  Every note, call, message, text, gift was soooo appreciated and made me sooo proud to represent all of the amazing people of Massachusetts.


  I was in Vegas for close to 3 weeks and it was nonstop from the day we got there!  Our days were filled with rehearsals for the Live Show, touching charity events with some of my favorite organizations such as Best Buddies, events every night throughout Las Vegas to spread the word about MUO and inspirational meetings, seminars and lots of new friends!  We were spoiled by the city of Las Vegas who opened their doors to welcome us to everything from fabulous dinners to a Barry Manilow show to culinary lessons, pool parties and plenty of fabulous events!  I met sooo many amazing people throughout my two weeks there and made some lifelong friends among the other 50 contestants.


 It was long hours and hard work but truly worth every second and I made sure to take it all in and be grateful everyday I was there.  I had almost 100 amazing family and friends fly out for the weekend to support me and I am not exaggerating when I say Massachusetts had the biggest signs in the audience come finals night :)  I was so proud!

  I have dreamed of competing at Miss USA since I was a little girl and it was truly everything I had hoped for!  But I must admit I am so excited about being back in Boston!  As excited as I was to compete at Miss USA it is being Miss Massachusetts and the people I get to work with at home in Boston that makes me the most proud!  It has been about 6 months since I won Miss Massachusetts and truly 6 of the best months of my life!  I am looking forward to going nonstop for the next 6 and continuing to work with all of the amazing organizations and people of Mass!  Thank you for being the most supportive friends a girl could ask for, it truly made this once in a lifetime experience that much more special!!


Love,
Lacey
xo